5.08.2014

Tidbits and Niblets

Just a post of the random photos I have on my phone!
Abigail has gotten a lot "cleaner" lately. She's been making her bed and decorating her room in new and interesting ways. She told me this particular display was to represent her love of her stuffed animals and books.
We have just entered recital season. This is Abigail in her costume with her delightful teacher Ms. Sheila. I know I am a total mom right now, but I swear she's the best ballerina in there and I can't be convinced otherwise. I keep watching the videos I've taken of her, forcing myself into being objective and unbiased, but the conclusion is always the same- she's the prettiest, most elegant 7 year old in pink ballet slippers I have ever seen!


We went to an Area 51s baseball game with some friends and snapped this great picture of Abigail in the parking lot. As much as I like this picture I like the ones I snapped of helping her get on the giant baseball even better...


We're a classy bunch, that's for sure!

We had a great Easter and I only took two pictures of it! We had a Leavitt family Easter party/BBQ, a great time with friends, spoke in church, had a great Easter dinner, dyed eggs...the whole shebang! I should also mention I was released as primary president and called into young women. I'm adjusting...As long as it's not relief society, I know I'll be able to survive it.
 

I love being room mom. It means I always get to go on the field trips. This last one we went to the Smith Center to watch a play. The kids were super excited, but it was a little bit of a drive, they sat us in the VERY back row, it was a small puppet show (from the back row, it was hard to make out the puppets) and half in Spanish. Needless to say, the natives were restless.

Part of being room mom entrails decorating the window for teacher appreciation week (above, we have a dog/cat theme this year which is why the kids are in animal ears and why we PAWSitively love Ms. Moen) and for Nevada reading week. I wasn't expecting the NV reading week one...I just showed up to volunteer and Ms. Moen asked me to make a Shel Silverstein Giving Tree inspired window using only what was available in the class. It was fun and I think it turned out alright!
 
We said goodbye to our good friends the Gerace boys as they moved to Washington D.C. to pursue romance and better opportunities. This is from Tom's last day (he's in the back in a blue Perry the Platypus t-shirt). We sure do miss them but they're so happy in their new lives that it makes the missing easier.
What we love: Brandon working so close we can do lunch. What were not so sure we love: Brandon's goatee.
 
 
We had Phoebe and Nick Schenker over to play on a Saturday so that Nat could run some errands. They sure did a number on Abigail. There was so much fun and so many laughs that it sure made us miss their Daddy, Mike...
 

 
Apparently when there are birthdays, Leavitts break out sombreros. The top is a picture I texted to our good friend Max on the morning of his 31st birthday. He served his mission in Mexico so we thought we'd send him a little "Feliz cumplianos!" The bottom picture is Ron at our office's birthday celebration. If he could have delicately crawled under the table, he sure would have. That was painful for him. I loved it!

Love being a mom! Abigail left me some delightful whiteboard art in her toy room celebrating my favorite things, which according to the board are- Abigail, making lists, fashion/clothes, scarves, Rome, pasta, and doughnuts. She knows me well!
 
Other things I have failed to document...
  • I lost my dear friend Apsen Marthaler to cancer. There wasn't anyone better and it was a privilege to be her friend. We went to Phoenix along with the Smiths and the Woodwards for the funeral. I am so glad we could all go...
  • My dad came for a visit and we had a great time. He played at least 3 hours of Go Fish with Abigail.
  • Saw the Phoenix zoo and loved it.
  • Went on a double date with Max and Brityn where we ate sketchy tacos from the wrong side of town and played a round of mini golf at the KISS themed course in beautiful downtown Las Vegas.
  • Met Ryan Leavitt's girlfriend. I hope she's my sister-in-law.
  • Attended our cousin Madison Leavitt's wedding in St. George and were able to spend time with grandparents.
  • Abigail got all A's....again...she's knocking this good kid thing out of the park.








No comments:

Post a Comment