- Brandon and I went to Berlin. Touched the wall, the wall touched us.
- We celebrated 12 years of marriage.
- I turned 33, Brandon turned 34.
- Had amazing holidays full of lots of fun, friends and family.
- We lost one of our best friends, Mike Schenker, to a very fast growing brain cancer. He was diagnosed in October and passed away 3 days before Christmas. We miss him very much and I still wear my "tough like mike" bracelet everyday. Don't know when I will take that puppy off...The primary kids sang at his funeral and I was able to play the piano to accompany them and my friend Brityn who also sang. It meant a lot to me to be apart of his service.
- I started going to boot camp and I love it! Brandon and I also started P90X3
- Abigail got all A's, was student of the month for school and for dance, and sung a little solo/duet thing at 2nd grade academic night.
- Speaking of Abigail...she has almost no teeth. They all fell out at once.
- Brandon had shoulder surgery and we decided to take his recovery on the road to Disneyland. Even though he was heavily medicated we still had fun and were able to see our friends the Smiths there.
- Brandon won the Top Performer award for his firm and also won the 2014 Rising Star Award from the national publication, Super Lawyer.
- We had a very nice Halloween. Brandon actually dressed up like Jimi Hendrix for the Trunk or Treat and Abigail was a "Nature Fairy." (Basically we pinned a million pieces of twigs and artificial flowers into her hair and gave her wings.) Being room mom, I got to run the class party and I loved it. I was also able to run the Christmas class party- this is a really fun group of kids Abigail has!
The Haiku
I love my mom, yes!
Oh Yippie I do, yes yes!
Can you guess how much?
The "Deamontae" (Apparently it is a diamond shaped poem. She's in 2nd grade and she already knows more than I do about lyrical writing. By 3rd grade she'll have passed me in math.)
Mom!
Smart, Kind
Read, Cook, Organize
I love my mom!
Exercise, Decorate, Celebrate
Caring, Loving
Mom!
Now for the finale, a traditional poem
MOM
My mom, I love my mom.
She's the greatest mom ever.
She'd still be great if she wore shorts with a sweater.
She'll always be mine.
I'll share her with dad only- oh fine!
My Mom, I love my mom
Even in a sweater
She couldn't get any better
....pretty much the best time of my life.


No comments:
Post a Comment