5.19.2014

The shoulder season


We are in that special season in Vegas where it feels like what summer feels like for the rest of the sane world. Where you WANT to swim, have water gun fights and be outside eating ice cream. We've been walking to school and riding bikes. We're enjoying it while we can because we're about 3 weeks away from hiding inside the house like mole people.

Ways we enjoyed our week...
  • We made dinner for Great Grandparents Roy and Kathryn, ate with them and fixed their bathroom. It's great to have so much family around. Grandma Kathy taught Abby to braid doll hair and she's been quite the stylist all week.
  • I went to a fun book club meeting at Rachel's Kitchen where I drunk an extremely off putting beet juice concoction. Very Fear Factor...
  • Abby's great friend Melissa Parsons invited her over for a Friday night play date. It was great! She got to play and Brandon and I got to eat and look at travel books in Barnes and Noble until our heart was content. We also spent a chunk of time at Williams Sonoma dreaming we had enough disposable income to actually justify shopping there
  • Saturday was super fun- Abby and I attended a baptism where she helped me play the piano while Brandon went to the temple with Max. We then all came home and I made my niece Brinley Whey Low Pizzookies. We had a great time!
  • Sunday I took my beehive class and we decorated the bishop's office with balloons, signs and muffins before his meetings started. We had Max over for dinner, since he's widowed. Brandon and I watched a plethora of Masterpiece theater after Abby went to bed. It was a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment