10.07.2012

Adjei's last night in town

 
These videos are of Elder Adjei and Elder Livai at our house home in August. They were regulars at the Leavitts for the last few months. Elder Adjei is from Ghana and Elder Livai is from Hawaii. Elder Adjei was getting ready to be released from his mission, but due to his visa status, he wouldn't be able to go home and see his parents.  He would have to go straight to BYU. It has been 5 years since he has seen his family. We were lucky enough to be able to help figure out a way to get Adjei home to Ghana for Christmas. Easily the most fun thing I've done all summer! They wrote a little song to say thanks and performed it for us. I'm not sure which video it is, but it's the "Home" song. I think it's hilarious that a pair of broken lady's sunglasses gave Livai the courage he needed to perform.





2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you mega blogged!! Congrats to Brandon on the dream job and to Abby on school. We love you!

    ReplyDelete