Abby singing with her kindergarten class at graduation.
I decided this summer that I would start to teach Abby piano lessons. While she has actually shown quite the aptitude, her mom has shown quite the poor time management skills. We're coming along, slowly but surely. This is her rendition of Old McDonald, dedicated to her Grandma Patsy.
I love the 4th of July in Washington State. We've been there the last few years and it is wonderful. We went to the City of Pasco parade. It's one of those small town parades where at least 30% of the population is actually in the parade. It had a whole section dedicated to John Deere tractors. It was awesome! I love their firework show. It's, honestly, better than any firework show I've seen in Vegas and the music is GREAT. It starts super late since Washington is far north enough that it's light to about 10pm in the summers. My sister, Donna, totally humored me while I entertained myself during our wait time by pointing out all of the ill fitting clothing that was going on in her small town. This picture is from my favorite party of the fireworks. I don't know if they meant to make a 'W' with the fireworks, but it filled me with Washington State pride. Home means Washington to me.
While in Washington, we took a rode trip to Seattle. We spent some time at the pier and went to the Seattle Seaquarium. There were the BEST tide pools (which Abby fully explored), river otters (my favorite animal) and a lively seal named Commander that kept Abigail and I entertained for at least half an hour.
We also were lucky enough to head to the Pacific Science Center. They had the traveling King Tut exhibit while we were there. I went through an Egyptology phase in 6th grade that never fully fizzled out and this was a real treat. And even though the mummy gave Abby nightmares, she hung in there as long as I did. She is a fun kid to take to museums.
Inside the Science Center was a butterfly garden. It was awesome- well except for that punk teenager who accidentally stepped on one of the butterflies and then kind of ran away in shame. Am I still mad? I guess I am!
Abby told me, long before she ever knew we were going to a butterfly garden that it was "the dream of my life" to have a butterfly land on her finger. Stick with me Abs, we're making your dreams come true! (as long as your dreams are reasonably priced)
WHY do I live in Las Vegas?!?! We went to his great store full of fresh produce, local ice cream, and awesome local food products. I have no idea how we ended up in this dessert...
The Tracy family road tripped with us. We had a great time. Tiffanie and Abby were two peas in a noisy, noisy pod.
While we were there, my family had an awesome 6th birthday for Abigail (her birthday was only few weeks later). She got loaded up with Brave toys and these two cuties. Grandma Patsy and Grandpa Don sent her home with stuffed grandparents so they could always be with Abigail even though they are far away. As you can see, they were a hit. My mother requested I dress the stuffed Grandma in a more stylish dress so that it would reflect upon her better...sorry mom, I haven't gotten there yet!
We went to the Shakespearean festival with our pals the Smiths. We had front row tickets to Les Miserables and it was awesome. We got spit on my Jean Val Jean and were super close to all the revolutionaries in their tight pants. This is a clandestine picture of us sharing a tart at intermission. We were breaking two rules: no cameras, no tarts. As you can see from Max's cheeks, he's breaking the rules with abandon. We had a great time and lots of laughs.
Abby's actual birthday was very special. She woke up to find her parents gifts to her (a new globe and leopard print shoes). She was pretty disappointed in the globe, but it's become a favorite of hers. We've been planning all the trips around the world we'll take together someday.
Even though we opted not to have a party, Abby was treated so well by her friends and family this year. Her friends surprised her with a special play date at the Rio beach pool where they all brought gifts and cupcakes. Also, knowing Abby's love of Phantom of the Opera, Brityn dropped by in the morning to deliver a singing birthday telegram. She rewrote the words to Think of Me, and in her AWESOME voice, serenaded the birthday girl.
Abigail asked if she could go see Phantom of the Opera at the Venetian instead of having a birthday party. So we got all gussied up, hit a french restaurant (she had mac and cheese), and went to Phantom. It was an incredible evening and Abby is an incredible 6 year old. Abby at 6: She writes me love notes everyday. She is a super picky eater. She always gives her best effort. She has a beautiful singing voice and isn't shy about singing for others. Her dream is to play Christine in Phantom of the Opera. She loves to read, draw, and play with her friends. She hates when we walk to school. She loves having long hair and doesn't complain too badly about the tangles because of her dedication to long hair. She is ALL girl and loves rainbows, unicorns, and fashion. We love you Abigail!
Other July unpictured notables: While in Washington I was able to take walks with my mom in the rain. Good memories for me. We went on a ferry ride in Seattle that was just a thrill for me. While in Washington, I ate an entire jar of Nutella and that was probably the highlight of my summer! The Leavitt 2012 Summer Fun Committee had their kick-off event of bowling. It was wild and crazy fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment