10.07.2012

A few things (or 888) I've missed...

 
The worst thing about summer ending and full time school starting was saying "goodbye" to our friends that we won't see as regularly. These two have been playing EVERY week since they were two but go to separate schools. Lucky for them, their mothers are as dedicated to their play dates as they are and are squeezing them in every chance we can!

 
The closing events for the Leavitt 2012 Summer Fun Committee were epic. We hosted a murder mystery at our house and it was awesome! The costumes, as you can see, were stellar and everyone really got into it. I was a Mexican man who owned the bar and served out mystery shots of prune juice and grapefruit/lemon juice. I am pretty sure this needs to be an annual occurrence. We were still dickering over the murder weeks later. 

 
In case you needed a closer look at that sweet 'stache. 

 
We had our annual primary idol and it may have been our best one yet. We do this each year to make sure our kids know the songs that will be in the program. On the left is Shaniqua Smiles (me), Wanda Words (Brityn) and Vinnie Volume (michele). It's a super fun Sunday and I love being in Primary. There is no where else I want to be!

 
Abby had her first day of school and she is rocking it! She loves school and is happy to go each day.

Other unpictured August notables: I broke the washing machine by washing rubber-backed bath mats. Who knew they could fall apart into confetti pieces and gum up the works? I had my first PTO meeting. Who is an old lady? Me! The 2012 Summer Fun Committee also had a their first annual Summer Fun Run. I won for fastest female and best use of spandex. It was a great time! We had a great ward swim party at Whitney Ranch rec center. It was a great month! 

1 comment: