A lot has been happened to this little Leavitt family and I have been both a neglectful blogger and picture taker. It's tragic, because we had a banner summer. One that would fill people who read this with those, "oh, their lives are so much more exciting than mine" feelings. I was really looking forward to that, since it would be my first time. Usually, I am the recipient of those feelings as I read my friend's blogs.
One important piece of information to start with- Brandon got a new job. And it's not just any job, it's his dream job. He was hired by a national family law firm, Cordell & Cordell to open their first office in Las Vegas. Above is a picture he took of himself during his training trip to St. Louis (which is the head quarters of Cordell & Cordell). It's been 7 months and they've already hired an assistant and are currently hiring another attorney. He's done a great job and we're super excited for him. I, also, have started a new job, but I did not take any pictures of myself to share with you.
Brandon waged war on the pigeons which live on our roof and who regularly tap dance us awake. As a bit of background, Brandon has hated pigeons with a fire than can only compare to his distaste of standing in line. So in an attempt to save his sanity, he outfitted himself with roof spikes and ire and headed outside. This passion is the only possible impetuous I can imagine that would send him up a 20 foot ladder in the summer in Las Vegas. The end of the story? The ladder fell. He was stuck on the roof. And I wasn't strong enough to put it back in place. We had to call our neighbors. He won't be happy to find this story here.
We had a garage sale to support our cub scouts at my home. It was a lot of fun and the boys did great! This is a video I wanted to include. It's a shot of my cubbies taking a much needed "Just Dance Kids" break.
I know how gross this picture is. Isn't it funny that we barely take pictures, but of Abby's busted chin we had about 20? She walked into the piano and earned herself a trip to urgent care and 3 stitches. I was so proud of her. She took a shot in the chin and being sewed up without a whimper. They asked her not to cry because they didn't want her to move. She laid there completely still until it was over and the doctor walked out of the room. She then looked at me and asked, "Can I cry now?" She's a tough one that kid!
She graduated kindergarten! This is a shot of her standing in line ready to perform at their graduation. She's pointing at her pal Abbie T. and behind them is her giant classmate Boston. We had a great kindergarten year! We loved her teacher, Mr. Rosensteel, and she had lots of friends in her class. I was lucky enough to be one of her room moms and got to party with these kids regularly.
This is her class in kindergarten. She had a crush on that blond cutie in the back row, furthest to the left. (His name is Luke.) She announced that she is planning to be a lawyer when she grows up. This is a surprise to me, considering I thought she was largely leaning towards time on Broadway before she pursues her hip hop dancing ambitions. I was so proud she got the citizenship award! She's a great kid. It's just nice to see it acknowledged with paper certificates.
We had a great Father's day! This was my contribution to the big Leavitt family dinner. I made an ice cream bar and made a homemade topping that was each dad's favorite. I then drew a really awesome portrait of each dad in front of their topping. (I have art skills like Napoleon Dynamite.) I called it "Daddy Queen" (instead of dairy queen) and added christmas lights. It was a lot of fun!
This was a very common scene for us this summer. We did a lot of pool parties, Popsicle eating, play dates, etc. This, however, is the only picture I took of this fun all summer long. This was at Sienna Houston's last day of school party. It was great fun!
Abby's room and the toy room used to be the same room until I realized, about 11 months into this arrangement, that her room would therefore never, ever, ever be clean. And it didn't matter how much I bribed or bantered, there was no way she could keep that room clean on her own. So, we moved her! I've got to take a better picture of her new room, but it turned out really cute- and clean!
Other unpictured notables in June? I got a cortisone injection in my knee which, while improving my knee, has yet to return me to my illustrious career of coming in last at 5ks and half marathons. We made our annual trip to Lake Mead to play on the "beach" and feed the carp.
No comments:
Post a Comment