6.09.2014

In Summer!

This is the scene which greeted me outside of Selma Bartlett Elementary School this week. 2 of the happiest, recently minted third graders singing Frozen's "In Summer" at the top of their lungs. We've had a glorious start to the season, even if it is 108 in early June (shudder). Here's what we've been up to this last week:
  • We had a great pizza party in Abigail's class celebrating the end of the school year. I loved that all of the class wanted me to sign their yearbooks. I will miss those little crazies!
  • Had a great pool party with our friends the Gublers. Aimee makes the most delicious summer beverages!
  • Abigail an I discovered that Zabas restaurant has the best brownies ever.
  • We went swimming with cousins and friends- including my latest obscure-relative acquaintance, Jean Leavitt and her four kids. I am super happy to know her, because she watches the Bachelorette as faithfully as I do- even if it's making us dumber by the minute.
  • Brandon and his friend Clay had round after round of tacos this week as they discussed complicated matters of law.
  • Had a great time at the Marz' annual school's out party. Lindsay always keeps me in the San Pelligrinos!
  • Abigail had her first activity days event...getting SO big.
  • Had my monthly pedicure with my great friend Becky- and the little Asian guy told me that I had the worst feet he'd ever seen.
  • Had the Smiths over to eat sausages, watch waiting for Guffman, and duel with toy foam swords.
  • Abby got all A's, the citizenship award, the attendance award- she killed it yet again!
  • Highlight of the week? Abigail's recital. SHE WAS AMAZING!!!! She is such a gifted dancer, I hope she never quits. She did have one moment in her ballet dance where she chewed out her partner for being in the wrong formation....I call it Abby's natural leadership skills ;) It was great that Brinley and Grandma Susan could come. We all ate at Famous Dave's after and celebrated Abby's hard work. Here are some pictures of our little dancer...






No comments:

Post a Comment