Carrie...I hope I'm doing this right?
Your cell phone? Is fairly brand new since I switched to T-Mobile. I picked the one that I thought was most attractive (that, and how well I can sandwich it between my shoulder and ear are my top-cell-phone-picking-criteria, oh, and how well I can hear it ring at the very bottom of my purse). The sale's guy who I spoke to on the phone asked if I was chic enough for this phone and I've been self-conscious using it ever since.
Your hair? Is a disaster. I've had short hair for a while but since we bought a house, I can't afford the maintenance...so I'm in the awkward growing-out phase.
Your mother? Is a georgia peach.
Your father? Has been married to my mother for 49 years last month. Congrats!
Your favorite food? Stinky cheeses, olives and artisan breads. I belong in the south of France. I just need to get more snobbish and fashionable...
Your dream last night? I was walking a goat in it. And not just any goat, but a world-class racing goat.
Your favorite drink? Water. But sometimes I get a craving for grape juice or chocolate soy milk.
Your dream/goal? To be out of debt. Travel a lot. Be jillian michaels healthy. To further my education.
What room are you in? Dining room.
Your hobby? Yoga
Your fear? Dying early, poverty and germs.
Where do you see yourself in 6 years? Being done having kids.
Where were you last night? Yoga and reading The Other Bolyen girl until my eyes hurt.
Something that you aren't? Relaxed. Ever.
Muffins? PLEASE!!!! I LOVE muffins!!! Easily my favorite breakfast food of all times. Favorite is probably Bran (for medicinal purposes) or pumpkin chocolate chip.
Wish list item? A generous benefactor
Where did you grow up? Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania and Pasco, Washington...but the Northwest has my heart.
Last thing you did? Throw a Valentine's Party at my daughter's pre school, drove her home from said party, and vainly tried to get her to eat something for lunch besides heart shaped sugar bombs.
What are you wearing? Black flower head-band, a black long sleeved shirt, my cream sweater that Brandon says makes me look like a library spinster, my banana republic jeans (don't freak, they were $17) and my black pointy ballet flats with ruffles.
Your TV? is playing PBS kids so I can blog. (hangs head in shame)
Your pets? None. And since I've just shopped prices on my own flooring and astro turf for the back yard, there probably wont be any...since every sales person asked "Do you have pets?" and I say "No." And they say "good, that will save you some serious money."
Friends? Love them!!! I have always had the best of friends and I'm a better person for them.
Your life? Stressful but enviable.
Your mood? Stressed. Anyone catching a pattern?
Missing some? My husband. The bar exam ate him several weeks ago and won't be spitting him out until the end of February.
Vehicle? 2003 Toyota Highlander...and so far, the brakes have worked (fingers crossed)
Something you aren't wearing? A wedding ring. It seems like I have so many reasons to take it off (lotion, dishes, exercising, showering, cleaning) and I forget to put it on.
Your favorite store? Banana Republic (outlet, for at least this stage of my life and probably beyond). Whole Foods. DSW.
Your favorite color? oddly enough right now...modern gray.
When was the last time you laughed? Last night when Brandon was telling me a story of how his father, Ron, was encouraging Brandon to get contact lenses. Brandon replied he could not wear the lenses because he has astigmatism. Ron then asked, "Is that the reason why your eyes are shaped like a Chinese man's?" Hilarious on so many levels.
The last time you cried? It was a couple days ago in sheer frustration, but I'm typically not a crier.
Your best friend? Could be considered to be several people.
Once place I could go over and over? Yellowstone national park.
Facebook? Yes though I wish no. It was fun to catch up and have a way to get messages to people I don't talk to regularly...but the down side to me is the minute by minute updates on what everyone has ate, what bodily functions they just had or what is on their television. Also, it is another way for people to get me a message that I most likely will be too long responding to and therefore will stress me out...
Favorite place to eat? Pin Kow Thai baby!
How the Government Wastes Our Time
18 hours ago
I love your blog!!! You are so witty!!!
ReplyDeleteThat was definitely the best "In a Nutshell" I've read. There's so many things I want to comment on.
ReplyDeleteYour cell phone criteria is the exact same as mine, although I didn't think of how well I could hear it in the bottom of my purse when I bought it, and it kinda fails on that one.
A goat...a racing goat...nice.
Reading until your eyes hurt - does that mean it's good? I've thought of reading it a couple of times, but haven't gotten to it.
The image of the bar exam eating Brandon and soon spitting him out made me laugh so hard.
What exactly is modern gray?
I think I've heard Brian say that they have contacts for people with astigmatism now. Have Brandon ask his optometrist if he's interested. Some people prefer glasses, though, so that's fine too.