I think we all know by now that I have a bit of a pattern. I let an inexcusably long time lapse between writing blog posts and then I try to catch up, using fragments of my memory, google calendar and grainy cell phone pictures. I don't think I see the grainy pictures ending (it's so convenient!), but I can do a considerably better job of posting. In fact, I've added it to my Wednesday to-do list as a permanent fixture. Let's see if that works...considering it hasn't worked with my set to-do list days of "deep cleaning" and "exercise" I am a bit nervous!
Mother's day was great this year! it is officially my favorite holiday. My parents were awesome to me and treated me to a box of chocolate covered strawberries. When they arrived, the tag said I only had 48 hours to consume them to guarantee freshness. I took my job very seriously and made sure to meet my deadline. I'm nothing if not responsible!
Primary was great on Sunday. The kids sung a song that made me cry and they were all really good in sharing time (probably because I wasn't giving it, I do manage to bring out the rowdy). We had a nice dinner over at the grandparents followed by a romantic midnight scorpion hunt with Brandon. We found 15! That's a record for us.
On Friday, I made a traditional picnic and we headed over with our bike (yes, that is singular, since only Abigail has one) to the new park in Whitney Ranch. When we parked our car there was a man strapping his little girl into her car seat getting ready to leave. He asked us if we were planning to go over and play at the park. We said yes. He said, "well, those punk teenage kids are using all types of language so we are leaving." I loved it! Sometimes it's nice to know that it's not just you who gets irritated by the total lack of propriety by today's youth. (That's a fancy way of saying, "kids these days!")
Scenic Las Vegas: Dangerous Snakes, Dog Poop Bags and Trash Cans.
These are my legs are after I fell/fainted backwards into our hallway which leads out to the garage. I know the scene into my garage makes me look like a hoarder but this is actually all of my dear friends, family and ward member's....well....crap.The second annual cub scout garage sale was held again at my house this year- curse me and my tidy three car garage! I actually don't mind, except this time I got really, really sick....like, see a bright shiny light and my ancestors are calling to me kind of sick. Thus, the fainting. I actually took this picture as a reminder to myself to not sign up for this particular activity again next year.
This is a picture Abby took. Once a month, we go out as a primary presidency and visit with/drop a treat to each member of a different class. This month was CTR 6 (which is Abigail's class). She took about 15 pictures of the tag that came with the treat and three of the treat itself. Nice to know someone gets excited about seeing the primary president!
Teacher appreciation week was last week. It was super fun! I was in charge of decorating the window for Abby's teacher and for the custodians. I took pictures of all of the kids in a halo (since her teacher calls them her "angels") and used those for Mrs. McCall's windows. The custodians got candy grams. We sure got lucky with Abby's teacher this year. She even stopped by with her son last night for a surprise visit on their way back from basketball practice. She is a mom of an only child as well and him and Abby have pretty much adopted each other this year.
Abby cooked! I brought home a kid's cookbook from the library with over 200 recipes in it. I asked her to pick which one she would like to make. She flipped straight to the back and picked brownies. What can I say? The toffee covered, chocolate chip coated apple does not fall far from the ooey-gooey marshmallow tree. I know Easter is too far back to catch up...but here are scenes from Abigail and my spring break to Pasco, Washington. Brandon was missed, but someone has to pay for our movies, lunches and shopping!
Other notables for the week include:
- One of Abby's best friends, Emma, turned 7 today. It was so fun to go over and visit with her. It's hard to believe these two have played together every week since they were 2!
- I started making my own pizza dough. It's really fun and really tasty. Well, tasty to everyone but Abigail. She still prefers frozen pizza and Little Caesar's $5 Hot and Sweatys to anything I make. This came as no surprise to me.
- Brandon and I are finalizing details for our trip to Rome. I checked out several books on roman history and I am practicing my Italian. It's getting bene!
- I also made homemade biscotti and an Italian custard this week to celebrate our trip to Italy. Everyone loved it...but Abigail. Again, this came as so surprise to me.
- Abby went to art camp where she painted her self portrait. I will be framing it.
- On Friday afternoon, we had Thomas over to play. The play date ended with lots of neighborhood kids running through my house, grabbing popsicles, and running back out to ride bikes and scooters together. I love this stage of life.
- I called the police this week. Always fun.
Until next Wednesday! Ciao! (yes, I am practicing mia Italiano on you)









http://www.romefreewalkingtour.com/
ReplyDeleteI am looking forward to Wednesdays. :)
ReplyDeleteI am a little confused about the scorpion hunt. Is this a voluntary activity? A traditional hobby held by Las Vegas people? My kids love Las Vegas because once upon a time they got to go to circus circus and jump on the bungee trampoline but once I tell my 4 year old son about the scorpions, he's going to love Las Vegas even more!
ReplyDelete