
Merry (belated) Christmas from the Leavitts! We have officially entered recovery mode around here. And I got a feeling it's going to be a few months long...

We had an exceptional holiday and a grand Christmas week. It started out a bit rough as Brandon prepared for trials and Abby and I struggled to survive some public school acquired plague, but it ended rosy and bright!

2.5 days into aforementioned plague, I couldn't take being in the house any more. So Abby and I (sans Brandon, since he is the typical low-man-on-totem-pole-associate) bundled our recently de-fevered bodies and headed to springs preserve. Now you may question my judgment taking a sick kid and a sick mom to a public, freezing festivus. And I don't blame you. But you try taking 2 days of Barbie movies and see how long it takes you before you're willing to chance creating a global pandemic. 'nuff said.

We finally have enough little ones for a Christmas eve nativity. Not to toot my own (and sister Kari's) horn, but I do believe this was a quality production. She had costume and set design and I was on script and soundtrack. I mean look at this shepherd!

another shot from springs preserve. she loved her blinged-out christmas tree face paint. So much in fact, that I let her keep it on for way too long...so long it ended up looking like a nasty skin bruise. Again, mother of the year!

We had an epic Leavitt family christmas eve party- complete with matching jammies and lobster tails. I'm spoiled rotten!

I think my favorite part of our nativity was watching baby Logan and Makena in their lamb costumes crawling along the floor. Our Three Wise-Dads were quite smashing in their paper crowns, bathrobes and various lady's scarves.

We did feast and feast and feast- on who-plum pudding and rare who-beast. (That's my shout out to the grinch- an all time favorite.) My little family actually feasted on chocolate strawberry whole wheat waffles with whipped cream. Sounds way better than who-beast, eh?

She only got one thing she asked Santa for...but I still think she ended up pretty happy. If two hours playing P.I.G. in the backyard and rolling her scooter through the house mean happy, then we're there!
Fleas on a Dog!
(feliz navidad, according to a five year old)
I know (from my personal experience) that it is hard to keep up with the blogging, but you are doing wonderful. Your pictures are fun and the text is wonderful. Thanks for letting us keep up with your lives. The Florida Frahms send their best to the Las Vegas Leavitts
ReplyDeleteJamie, I want your rug! Where did you get it? I love the subtle checker board with the swirly flower stuff. Give me your rug. Now. Or just tell me where you got it.
ReplyDelete