
We have been extraordinarily busy. And thankfully, the above picture is the only thing that's gone horribly array. We've had a few slightly askews, a couple slightly off marks, but this was the only truly array. Wednesday, Abby came home from school just starting to cough. This child has never even so much as thrown up. So I'm thinking that my normally completely healthy kid with a super human immune system has gotten a cold from some hygiene-poor kindergartener. An hour later, she has a 104 degree fever. A few hours after that, I can't break the fever and she's making sounds I've only heard from a sea lion. The next day she isn't any better so I make a doctor appointment for the late afternoon. I'm thinking it's the flu, I'll show up to the doctor's office, he'll look at me with impatient eyes and say "really lady? why are you here?" and send me home telling her to rest.
...I didn't get impatient eyes from the doctor...I got "I'm about to call Child Protective Services" eyes. Apparently in 24 hours my little pumpkin managed to get para-flu, croup, and bronchitis. They sent her to the ER for chest x-rays just to make sure it wasn't any worse than that. Thankfully, it is not. She just is on a lot of medicine and popsicles. We've been watching retro episodes of Jem (remember that girl from the 80s who had holographic generating earrings and a rock band? Am I that old? 31 this month?...shudder...) and fraggle rock. It's been fun for me at least!
On to happier things...we completed a successful primary program, I've had a few parties at my house (including a baby shower. I must really love Brityn), decorated for Halloween and had some great times with family and friends.

One those phone times was the cousin talent show. There is Brinley, Abigail and Peyton (peyton's on drums). They're belting out Tao Cruz "Dynamite." And they did a respectable job. I felt like I was dropping it low at the club.

Ladies, let me tell you...this man is a stud. I know you might not be able to tell from this picture, but if women knew what I had, there would be a line out my door a mile long. And not only because he can eat an abnormally large pancake that has bacon embedded in it, but because he is the most Mr. Darcy-ish man you can find in the 21st century. I got a phone call from my sister Donna on Friday while she was sitting at the pier on the oregon coast, feeding sea lions. And if I'm not mistaken, I do believe she was eating a tillamok ice cream cone while talking to me too (but she neither confirmed or denied). I was in agony! The northwest is my happy place!!! During this conversation I was sweating out a 100 degree afternoon in brown, dusty vegas. I texted Brandon regarding my deep depression and he came home, packed up his ladies, booked as a ridiculously nice hotel, and drove me to San Diego so that I could touch the waters of the Pacific. It was perfect! And Abby got to go to Sea World, which is great, because she now wants to be a marine biologist when she grows up. A considerable improvement upon her previous choice of "pop star" in my opinion.

There's my studly mans best side as he's trying to mount this ladder in an attempt to win his daughter a prize...

And this is what became of his efforts. Better luck next time, B!

Oh! And Abby's writing has really taken off. I love that she tried to make her own penmanship paper with the lines and dashes on her white board. For those of you who haven't had a phonics class in a while, I'll read it for you: My favorite mom is Jamie. Mom, Dad, Abigail. I love it!!! I know I'm her ONLY mom, but at least I'm still her favorite.
Busy busy busy! I am glad that Abby is doing better, we have been praying for her A LOT! I love that Brandon took you guys to San Diego, what a great guy! You and Abby are lucky girls......by the way, no matter what, we are still young enough to be called girls....heh...
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad Abby is doing better! Way to go Brandon. He went up another notch in my book. ( how is that possible as you both have attained highest marks in my opinion? Who knows, but he did) The Northwest is my happy place too. Hugs to all & STAY HEALTHY!!!!
ReplyDelete