10.19.2011

2 weekends in review


I love October. It is easily my favorite month and this month has been no exception. We've done some fun stuff so far this month and the end of the month will be action packed as well. In no particular order, here is some of what we've been up to...

Abby was chosen as student of the week this week. My buttons were bursting! Part of her official duties as student of the week is to create a poster with little tidbits about herself and it will hang in the kindergarten hallway for the rest of the year. For those of you curious what Abby put on her poster...She is 5 years old, her favorite color is all colors, favorite animal is bunny, favorite food is mac and cheese, her favorite place is disneyland, she wants to be a princess rock star when she grows up, her favorite thing to do is jump on the trampoline and if she could have a wish it would be to have treats everyday.

As part of my TEN YEAR WEDDING ANNIVERSARY celebrations, my husband and I went hiking. We did a three mile trail where you can see the original springs that started Las Vegas along with the ruins of the care takers house. Brandon looked at that springs, put his hand over his heart and started singing Home Means Nevada as a single tear rolled down his flush cheeks. He was definitely communing with his people (who are CRAZY, because according to our hike, Las Vegas was a HOLE to live in and in my opinion, most of it hasn't improved much)

Brandon sure knows how to take a flattering picture of his wife, doesn't he? We're out to dinner for our TEN YEAR anniversary and he decided to document how I look when I'm eating. In case you're wondering, that is a Brussels sprout in my mouth, and yes, I do actually really like them.

Please excuse the dark picture. All we had was a cell phone camera. This is our hotel suite we stayed at for our TEN YEAR wedding anniversary (have I mentioned that I've been married for ten years?)

We've spent some time getting ready for Halloween and the various festivities we're attending/administrating. As you can also tell from the chair behind my little witch, I'm behind on my household duties. Tis the price of fun.

We had a great family fun night where we hit the crepe shack and rode the carousel at the District. This is Brandon's new obsession (the crepe, not riding his plaster horse, but he does love that too). Who would have known he'd get hooked on nutella as badly as I am? Being married for TEN YEARS will do that to a person. I can almost stomach jalapeno kettle chips now...almost...check back in another TEN YEARS and I'll let you know.

Our primary had a drive-in movie party. It was awesome! We made cars out of cardboard boxes to "drive" in. This is a picture of Abby and I in our creations. I gave myself a jack-o-lantern head because I wanted to be the headless car-woman in honor of the season, but it didn't come off as terrifying as I had hoped. Actually, my jack-o-lantern head looks stressed and uncomfortable. Which, given the fact I'm currently primary president, may have been an accurate depiction.

Oh! And it was below 80 for a few days. Abigail dressed herself against the inclement weather (brr...75!) but we're back in shorts and t-shirts again! Home Means Nevada to us! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment