Please ignore my total need for a pedicure and try to take this post seriously.
Brandon is taking the Oath of Attorney in a week which, to me, qualifies as a "new dress and shoe" event (given the proper funds, Arbor Day and Flag day would also qualify to me, but alas...). I came home with an outfit that Brandon and I completely agreed upon until we got to...
My foot! Brandon says my patent purple pumps (say that three times fast) don't exactly scream "Wife and Mother." To me, Wife and Mother is made by Keds (no offense to those who wear Keds, it's just not my deal). But, I think I might see his point...in fact, there was another woman at the DSW clearance isle eyeing my purple shoes. She said if they didn't fit me, she wanted to buy them. And I said, "I know right? They're so cute." And she said, "No, they're not cute, they're man catching shoes." So now, I'm on the fence...because they're man catching shoes? I've caught a man...Nevada's finest legal mind at that...and that legal mind has deemed my shoes unlawful for a wife and mother. So what do you think? Am I hanging my hotness out to dry because of my station in life and should fight to redeem my rightful position? Or are these simply an over-the-top kind of shoe that would require me to get extensions and a lower back tattoo?
Help. The swearing in is in one week and DSW's sale is over in a few days.
An Anti-Marriage Marriage Movie
3 hours ago
I think it's the heel that's the "man-catching" part....They are definitely sassy! I say wear what you feel comfortable in but don't kill your feet! Those look like they hurt!!
ReplyDeleteYou should see some of my heels! I like to keep it sassy too, I think if you like the way the outfit looks go for it....post a picture of the whole outfit so we can see if the shoes spice it up or make it look hussified! I am sure you will look great no matter what!
ReplyDeleteI think it's up to you but I LOVE them!!! I don't think you will be catching too many men with Abby in tow... know what I mean?
ReplyDeletei am not really qualified to give shoe advice, but i say if you like them wear them. having said that, those look like the most uncomfortable shoes ever! again, this is coming from the who always wears flats, because high heels are a form of (my sister-in-law tells me I wear granny shoes, which I guess is worse than wearing mommy shoes and pretty far from wearing man catching shoes).
ReplyDeleteI say go for it! (just don't tell Brandon I voted against him) I mean you who says you can't look cute! Just cause your a mom doesn't mean you have to dress frumpy!! If I could get away w/shoes like that I would but, I can't!! I agree even if they are man catching shoes -- you are at your HUSBANDS graduation & have a little girl in tow! How many men will you be catching??
ReplyDeleteYou could wear a Glad bag and still turn heads!! I like the shoes, but they look painful. Wear what you feel good in. Tell Brandon he can borrow them later if he wants...
ReplyDeleteI really like them too! They have style and I could totally see them on you. I think its all in the whole outfit. If the dress were a skanky-type of mini-skirt thing along with the shoes....there would be a definite problem, but I'm sure that your dress would be more appropriate. So jealous you have a DSW close by...I love and miss that place! Good luck with the decision and the ceremony!
ReplyDeleteI might be going against the grain, but I would exchange them for something just a little bit more sensible, even though they're really cute, because it's Brandon's big night, and if it were Brian and me in the same situation, I would want him to be completely happy with the way I looked for an event that was so special for him.
ReplyDeleteI'm not saying you'd have to get frumpy shoes, just something a little less "man catching." If you do end up looking for something else, though, don't take those back until you find something that works just as great, because you wouldn't want to get stuck without ANY cute shoes.
By the way, my mom called and told me she checked your blog when I linked it from mine, and she said, "Her daughter is really beautiful, isn't she?" So there you have it - my mom called me just to tell me you have a pretty daughter.
Oh, and I'd love to see the outfit!
ReplyDeleteA great wise man once said...
ReplyDelete1. Sometimes wives and mothers aka "barefoot and pregnant", need to scream "patent purple pumps".
2. Sometimes a catched man needs to be re-catched, over and over.
3. Sometimes a woman needs to feel like a woman, verily, even a hottie.
4. There's a lawsuit in there somewhere.
I thought about your shoes all day without posting a comment. You know, I don't wear high heels often, but the last time I did, I got several compliments about my legs or my outfit and sometimes the pain of the shoes really "vale la pena" or are worth the trouble.
ReplyDelete