7.25.2009





I think I officially bit off more purple-frosted birthday cake than I can chew this week. Abby turned 3 this week...and I do mean this week. It was party after party and I officially want to poop any more parties. I'm tired! As you will see, I started out the week fresh as a daisy...I made her a bunny cake, expertly wrapped her presents, and took pictures of her opening each gift at her extended family party....
By the time the immediate family party rolled around (which included Red Robin and Build-A-Bear), I was still strong...But I met my match in the form of 11 awesome little kids at her official first friends party. Abby wanted a bunny party...so of course that means I had to make royal icing bunnies, search high and low for bunny projects and bunny decorations (by the way, may I pass on my sage advise for any future parent of a 3-year-old...they do NOT care about your Martha-Stewart-Level attempts at theme cohesion). I didn't even get any pictures of her great party because I was too busy sweating with the labor of that level of song and dance. I did, however, get pictures of the aftermath. I should have gotten a picture of what I discovered this morning while I was picking up...someone frosted my ottoman!! And they did a pretty good job. Nice even coating with sprinkles! I'll enjoy that little treat soon. Happy Birthday Abigail!












No comments:

Post a Comment