
In no particular order, here are a few things we've been up to.
Abby had a few days off school so we decided to pack up el carro and head to San Diego. (Please note that my Spanish has dramatically improved after a weekend in San Diego.) I have never been to the world famous San Diego Zoo before and figured as a lover of nature it was over due. The zoo is wonderful! Highlights included a petting zoo where Abby can groom goats, fairly decent zoo food (I mean a black bean burger on wheat? Happy mom!), and beautiful grounds. The low point? It's hilly and huge. We were effectively hiking! but I loved it....I came home wanting to recycle, buy fair trade chocolate, and attend a local farmers market- which are feelings I generally really like.

We have had some great weather here in Vegas lately. We took advantage and went hiking in Red Rock. Highlight? My child is a serious rock climber! Low point? We forgot water and were pretty sure we were going to end up on the news...

While in San Diego we visited the Midway. I LOVE this ship! It makes me feel patriotic and grateful. Also feelings I generally really like. I was surprised, but Abby loved it! She was climbing in and out of fighter planes and heading through the mess halls of yesteryear. We learned how to make life jackets out of pants. Educational and fun! Highlights? Touching the helicopter that rescued the Apollo 13 astronauts. Low point? The animatronic ship captain that gave my child nightmares that night.

Has Abby decided to go to law school? The cycle of abuse continues.

Can't hit San Diego without going to the beach. This is on Coronado Island, at sunset, on the beach in front of the Hotel Del Coronado. It was magical. I really want to stay in that hotel some day. Oh, and just so I keep myself honest...I did not build that particular sand castle. Highlights? Collecting shells and feeling the waters of the mighty Pacific. Low point? We kind of started having a sand fight that got out of control. There was a bit of pent up feelings as a result of a lot of time in the car and some bad nights sleep at the Residence Inn. (did you know they don't have concierges at those places?!?! I've become spoiled...)
We had awful Mexican food, a great trip to the Melting pot (which is surprising, because Brandon hates both waiting for food and cooking his own), and the most ridiculously good single scoop ice cream cones that $17 can buy. I know it's a ton of money for ice cream, but I think I'd pay it again....yes,... yes I would...
I'm sitting here thinking about how good an ice cream would have to be to worth $17. It must be pretty darn fabulous.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great trip!
ReplyDeleteI'm laughing about your concierge comment at the Residence Inn.
the best Mexican I've ever had [and by Mexican, I mean beef tacos] in San Diego so be sure to tell me the name of the Mexican food joint you went to so I can avoid it! :)
Glad you were able to get away!
Sounds like a great trip!!I understand about the ice cream. I had a chocolate pate that I would marry!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a great trip!!I understand about the ice cream. I had a chocolate pate that I would marry!
ReplyDeleteYour San Diego trip looks very fun! I was just there a few weeks ago too and went to Coronado Island, and Melting Pot...not the zoo though, but went by it. Anyways, it was all ringing very familiar. I love that place!
ReplyDelete