
It has been a while since I posted, but if I'm ever going to get enough posts to make a blog book, I need to get crackin'. It seems I always want to wait for an event- but we are, sadly, uneventful. So here is a glimpse of our week.
-We started off the week with a little love letter from our home owner's association letting us know that our front yard was a dark hole of weeds that was bringing down property values. Granted, we had killed the tree in our front yard so thoroughly that it would have gone up in flames on a hot day. So, our option was either to embrace it and put the civic up on cinder blocks in the drive way or to do the yard. We start tomorrow.
- We had lots of play dates and welcomed a new friend to our house that we haven't had before- Marcella Huntsman and she was a delight.
- Friday night we hit up ward temple night with our good friends Max and Brityn. I am pretty sure that is the last time they will sit by me in the temple. I just had the chats. Something about being in primary has atrophied my ability to pay attention. I can give an honorable mention to my husband Brandon for gallantry. I was muchin' on some gum that I got tired of about 15 minutes before the session started. It felt a little juvenile to go looking for a trash can in the temple and I couldn't bring myself to swallow it (what side of the 7-year-to-digest-gum debate are you on?). He took the gum from my mouth into his little paw and found a trash can for me.
- I got my braces off. I look dynamite.
- Abby had her last jazz dance class and she loved it.
We had Chef Neil and his wife over. Neil made us a red wine chocolate sauce braised short rib and a Parmesan risotto. I have excellent taste in friends.
We put lights on the front of our house and Brandon got to use a blower. Pretty much the highlight of his week. From this picture it looks like he is blowing our completely dirt front yard (prepped for the new hotness that is coming), but he's actually cleaning off the walk. Are you impressed by my tidy garage? It's not because I'm tidy. It's because we don't own anything.
Our friend Wes came to help us hang my pictures in between our new sconces that we put in last week. Even though he put me in a headlock and I'm pretty sure called me names in spanish :), I appreciated the help. Brandon and Wes did a great job.
We couldn't make it a week without playing with cousins. This is Parker and Abby in my bed preparing to watch "Barbie Diaries." That is a testimony to how much Parker loves Abby. They spent the rest of the afternoon pretending he was Todd and she was Barbie and they asked each other to the dance over and over.
Oh! We also poured a larger, square-er concrete slab. (It was rounded before). We also poured a new walkway in the front. It's large enough for bike riding, which is wonderful. Our backyard has been near useless, but we're starting to chip away at it.
We may have a new patio, but we still have cigarette butt filled rocks. But that didn't stop us from getting out the fire pit and lighting up the BBQ. We had a little Sunday dinner of hotdogs, smores, chips, etc with our lovely friends. The weather was perfect and the kids were great. The best part? They spent at least 30 minutes emptying the cooler of ice and spitting it at each other. Sorry I didn't get a better picture Linds!
So that's how we live. Of course there are callings, and jobs, and family, etc., but this is a pretty good overview of our standard week. On to next week! Where I might be getting a new job...details to come...
a). Uneventful is NOT a word that should be used to describe the Leavitt family.
ReplyDeleteb). Your house is looking absolutely fabulous. When you're done, will you do mine?
c). We love your backyard - can't wait to see the transformation. Let us know if you need any help.
d). The ice picture is perfect.
e). Loved a post from you. You should do it more often. :)
Your living room is beautiful! I love hearing what you guys are up to - it sounds like good things are happening. I can't wait to see what you do with your yard!
ReplyDeleteYour home is lovely! Please come fix ours.
ReplyDeleteI want to see you braceless. I find it hard to believe that you were able to improve on perfection, but if there is photographic proof...
Love seeing the posts. Miss you guys!
I need some pictures of the new teeth!!! That was a pretty eventful week!
ReplyDeleteIts fun to read up on your typical week! So much more eventful than my norm. It looked like lots of fun! I love seeing all the pics. Yes, I want to see the new smile...and hear about the job details. :)
ReplyDelete