Welcome to Head Quarters of The Leavitt Family Christmas 2010. This is our first Christmas in our own house. I began decorating last week with some serious gusto...but considering I've only purchased decorations for a 2 bedroom apartment before, (and given the fact I have a horrible habit of hating everything from the year before), I was a little low on the decor. I think we made due (we better have, because I'm out of due-making funds!)
I used a lot of frames I had laying around and filled them with fabric and sepia toned pictures of us celebrating Christmas in years past. Cheap but Chic!...I hope :)
Had to throw in my chalk Santa. I'm the world's worst artist and this is at least recognizable. My children and grand children will never believe I drew this. Look at my four year old's Christmas painting below...at least my genetic contribution hasn't handicapped her.
Reason for the Season, baby!
Still making those quilted ornaments Donna. Proud? Takes like 8 minutes per ornament, but totally complied with this year's cheap but chic requirement.
And for those of you asking about how the great flood/gas station bathroom turned out...
Here's is the before...

Got to have the candle to create the faux Christmas tree smell
Sunny skies and cinder block fences. Merry Christmas, Vegas! And now, for the grandparents of this beautiful little slice of Christmas cake...
From our partially furnished and still in construction home to yours...Merry Christmas!
It all looks fabulous! I love it! I have that same ribbon on my tree too. :) Merry Christmas to you guys!
ReplyDeleteHave I ever mentioned that I LOVE your house!!! You are a seriously talented decorator! Amazing!
ReplyDeleteSo awesome! I love the pictures. I was almost inspired to actually hand make some 8 minute each quilted ornaments (but since I haven't hand made anything since college, I think that I can just wait until next year.)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful house and I love the new bathroom.
Just found your blog via Lindsay's and I'm not a looksie loo so you could have been commenting and checking for awhile now, darn it. From the looks of things, you've been doing a lot of work on your house since last I visited...and I don't mean of the Christmas decorating variety. It looks marvelous! Ours has been a work in progress for 7 long years and probably will be for another 20....
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas, belated.
ReplyDelete