I didn't take nearly as many pictures as I should have this month (I completely missed Halloween), but here are a few honorable mentions. Our house is, finally, no longer a construction zone (well, at least until we save more money). Above is a picture of our dining room and the built-ins we put in. It is super useful as a buffet and hides the ugly intake really well.
Primary has been a little demanding this month- with the program, trunk-or-treat, and your standard sharing times. These little owl cuties were thank you gifts for our teachers for the awesome job they did helping with the program and all of its practices. Since Halloween was on Sunday, we wanted it to be themed. We tied them up in little bags with an owl tag that said "We appreciate 'hoo' you are and 'owl' you do!" I hope it made sense :)
This is my sweet little witch and my husband. We are out to a Greek restaurant for my 30th birthday. Abby is in such a good mood because she just got a sticker from a police officer and just discovered her love of gyro meat and yogurt sauce.
This is my gift from Brandon. It was a total surprise. In the morning there was a knock on the door. I opened it up, and a big, typical, gruff delivery guy says "Where you want your piano lady?" And I appropriately giggle so violently I can't respond.
Here I am trying to smile without showing teeth. I haven't wanted any pictures of me with braces on, but looking at these two samples, I look a lot worse when I don't show teeth. It was a great birthday! Tons of friends, food and family. Brandon made me my favorite breakfast- chocolate chip whole wheat pancakes! My family in Washington sent me a package full of Brie from the Oregon coast. They might as well have sent me a slice of heaven. I meant to take a picture of it for them, but Abby and I have had it for three straight meals now, and...well, we've greatly diminished the brie supply.
I finally saw my husband's office this month. I've been scared to go in. I don't know why. I guess I was afraid that us being done with grad school, the bar exam, and now being gainfully employed was all just a mirage and that if I touched it, it would vanish.
We finished up our fireplace too!
Abby had a visit from her cousins. Love having my niece and nephews at my house. I love that the girls always have me do their makeup. I especially love that they're probably moving here!
Well, of course I missed a lot. I missed posting the adorable pictures of abby at the program. I missed blogging my pre-conception visit (I think I'm the only woman who actually does that). I missed blogging my sister's birthday. I missed my anniversary. I missed Halloween, the pumpkin patch, trunk-or-treat, and a few parties. I'm only going down this list for posterity's sake. I'm totally unrepentant about my sketchy blogging.
A Piano!!! Wowsers. What a great 30 birthday gift. May it bring music to your house continually! Your house is looking lovely- like out of a magazine. So cute.
ReplyDeleteAgain, Happy Birthday!!
Everything looks great! Love the piano, enjoy it all.
ReplyDeleteI am in love with your house. I hope you don't mind if I copy your buffet one day!
ReplyDeleteAnd glad you had a fun birthday.
Oh my gosh, Jamie! I can't believe I forgot your birthday. In my defense, we just got barely got put in as the activities committee leaders, and I was way stressed out on Saturday for Trunk-or-Treating. But that still doesn't excuse me. I feel so bad!
ReplyDeleteSo happy birthday! The piano is beautiful! What a fabulous way to celebrate the beginning of a new decade.
You have braces? Really? I even zoomed in on the pictures and I couldn't tell. Jamie, you look great. You really do. Braces or no, you're beautiful!