11.29.2010

Announcing my Candidancy for Woman of the Year

I don't mean to toot my own horn, but I had some epically successful days last week.

I managed to keep four children, under the age of 7, alive for almost 5 hours. I was lucky enough to be able to watch my niece and nephews for my sister-in-law Kari while she Christmas shopped. I was the most awesome Aunt of all times. I fed them a ridiculous amount of macaroni and cheese and didn't make them clean up a thing. I'm pretty sure that I put the Duggard family to shame single-handed.

Granted, my house looked a little worse for wear...

...but who can even notice a mess of any magnitude with that cute jelly covered face around?

As if it was not a sufficient accomplishment in my super-de-duperness...I also completed ALL of my laundry!

But not at the expense of doing Abby and Brinley's make up. I made sure I sent Brinley home looking like a total trollop.

I also made sugar free, reduced fat pumpkin cupcakes. Because I am lite, fluffy and delicious and had to have snacks to match.

The dishes were not as much of a success as my laundry. Neither was my picture taking. I, once again, completely missed some major events (i.e. thanksgiving, family christmas party, christmas decorating, family events). I never get the big stuff. When you are the party, it is hard to excuse yourself to take pictures.

In a final note of victory, I won a 5K race against Wes Griffeth, my arch nemesis. It was a fairly resound beating. He blamed his loss on a breakfast sandwich he had eaten earlier in the evening. Considering I whipped the pants off him, that must of been SOME sandwich (sorry Lindsay! But how do I not record my triumph?). And lest this picture be misleading, the race did not take place in my family room.

Hope your Thanksgiving weekend was as stellar as mine!

2 comments:

  1. Hi-larious! You make me laugh. I second the motion, I hope you win woman of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. four kids is EXHAUSTING. holy smokes. good job on that one.

    and good job with the 5K win. breakfast sandiwich or not . . . you got the victory on that one, for sure.

    ReplyDelete