10.19.2010

Tin Grin


This is not a picture of my smile. First, this person doesn't even need braces...and second, I haven't smiled in 36 hours and I don't know if I ever will again. Indeed, I have adult orthodontics. It's a good thing I made good friends here in Las Vegas before I did this, because I'm pretty sure I spit on most of them today at the park...purely accidental and purely embarrassing.

Abby has had picture day, we celebrated our nine year anniversary, I'm working a lot, the primary program is this weekend, our family ran a 5k together and we've had various parties and festivities...but I don't want to blog about any of them.

Did you notice I said nine year anniversary? I don't even have enough spare lip to kiss him decently. When I dropped him off at the office after our anniversary lunch, I said "I have to go, I'm late for fourth period." It was funny. We laughed. He went inside and I cried my eyes out. I'm a freckle faced girl with braces!

I better be so freakin' hot after this that a soundtrack plays whenever I walk into a room. For those of my friends who confessed their head gear, mouth guards and awkward moments to make me feel better- thank you. I know I'm a whiner about my 6 months of traction. If you want to bring me treats to help me self medicate the pain, feel free. Just please puree them first.

8 comments:

  1. I am going to find all of my old pictures of me in my many phases of orthadotia. You will LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I lived closer to bring you a milkshake & some chocolate!! (chocolate makes everything better!!) I'm sure it isn't nearly as bad as you think - us women are always WAY harder on ourselves!! On a happier note how in the world has it already been 9 years?!! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I feel your pain! I got braces right after dental school for a year...and didn't have friends and moved 2 times with them. And after all that, my teeth aren't even straight. I hope the 6 months does the trick and it goes by fast. Happy Anniversary to you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll bet you look adorable. Don't you always look adorable? I didn't know anything was wrong with you teeth, but I'll bet you'll look fabulous once the braces are off!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My hubby keeps telling me that he really wants to put braces on me to 'fix' somethings!! I am totally feel your pain since I had them already!! Just think how great you will look in 6 months!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lolololol, lolololol, lolololol. Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've always looked beautiful! (teeth & all) Silly orthodontia.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, braces. It'll all be worth it when you are done (just remember to keep wearing your retainer!) I had them for three years in when I was a teenager and I don't miss 'em. good luck!!

    ReplyDelete