This, apparently, is just about the nerdiest thing I've ever done. Pictured above is one of the two presents we brought to Brandon's work party for a gift exchange. I was SO excited about this gift. It is a reusable bag from whole foods stuffed with organic goodies and produce. I wanted to take this bag back home...and in fact, I had a long discussion/strategy session about getting this bag back with my husband...we had a plan. The second gift we brought was a yoga mat (love yoga!) and a two week gym pass to Gold's gym that I got for running my last 10K. Pretty sweet, right? I mean, you can get a 1 week pass any day of the week, but two is something special! Well, needless to say, I ended up taking my yoga mat home because NOBODY wanted it...and, when my organic produce bag was the last gift remaining on the table, everybody started fighting over a leopard print Snuggie (a snuggie! it's a blanket with sleeves people!) instead of even taking a look at my lovely bag of health and eco-friendliness! It ended up going home with a woman who is a chronic smoker and had three different deserts that night. Somehow, I don't feel like it was appreciated. Maybe because when she looked through it she sighed and said "what is all this junk?" And as for my spouse and I having a strategy to get the bag back home? He went AWOL when the variety hot chocolates and brownie mix came out. You should have seen the animalistic look in his eye. A truly deprived man.
On to happier things...pictures of my daughter in her "Princess Dance" class she takes at the rec center. She likes this much better than the formal ballet class I had her in, because in this class she can accessorize! (That's her with the PERFECT first position on the far left)
Yes, we bought the crown with us. It pretty much gets brought with us every where we go.

A happy princess. I told her how proud I was after class and she asked me to address her by her full name "Princess Cinderella Belle Hannah Montana Abigail." And may I say my child has never even seen any of the movies/shows associated with these questionable characters (I'm talking to you, Miley!), but somehow she knows more about them than I do? She also knows the entire chorus of Poker Face by Lady Gaga. It's a scary world.
A happy princess. I told her how proud I was after class and she asked me to address her by her full name "Princess Cinderella Belle Hannah Montana Abigail." And may I say my child has never even seen any of the movies/shows associated with these questionable characters (I'm talking to you, Miley!), but somehow she knows more about them than I do? She also knows the entire chorus of Poker Face by Lady Gaga. It's a scary world.
Alyssa loves the Lady Gaga songs! And Poker Face is probably her favorite.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry about your gifts not being loved, and about Brandon abandoning the organic gift bag. I think it looks lovely.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteYes dont ask me how but I guess I hit something wrong and deleted my comment! So I guess I'll start over!!
ReplyDeleteFirst let me just say that all of my kids (ok - 4 of the 5) can sing just about every work of Poker Face!! Yes, even the 2 year old - so,so sad!!
Next - I think those were great gifts I cant believe no body wanted them - what is wrong with people?
I always think my gifts are the best and they always turn out to be the laughing stalk of the party... go figure!
ReplyDelete