Here is my Eagle Scout husband flashing a little bit of leg next to the fire he built (Lookin' Sexy, Babe!) and of course my sweet little camper Abigail.
We heard the sound of wild horses and saw the tale tell sign of their presence (poop) all over our hiking trail. On our way off the mountain (as early and as fast as we could Sunday morning...there was no bacon, therefore an IHOP was in order) we saw a wild horse. Brandon, being a natural cross between Steve Urwin and the Horse Whisperer, had to get out to investigate.
Look at the proximity. Granted, it is the horses rear end, but I'm still impressed. My husband is such a cowboy.
This is the horse before we harassed it.

We are some tidy campers, eh? We like leaving our Candy Land and Baked Lays immediately available on the table for emergency access.

We are some tidy campers, eh? We like leaving our Candy Land and Baked Lays immediately available on the table for emergency access.
This is a picture Abby took on our hiking trip. She was pointing the camera a little low, so in order to not have strictly a picture of my knees (though they are very nice knees), I leaned into it.

My hiking buddies!

My hiking buddies!
We watched Anna Karenina on our lap top, ate loads of hot dogs, and had a great time.
Spring Mountain camping...I'm jealous. Thanks for posting your pictures and stories so I get to follow along a little. Your family is great fun.
ReplyDeleteI am glad that the wild horse did not eat you guys....it must have been Brandon's mad horse whispering skills.....:o)
ReplyDeleteWell, I see some green trees, so Nevada is almost just like WA. You look like happy campers and I am really sorry you left home without the bacon. What is camping without bacon?
ReplyDelete