8.18.2009

My baby is all grown up and off to pre-school! Given her normally shy and timid nature, I had some serious reservations about my decision to feed her to the wolves...but to my great surprise she ran with the pack!

All dressed up and ready for the day! Thanks for the first-day-of-school dress, Grandma Susan! She loved it!
Abby took this picture of me before we left for school. She asked me to hold her microphone just like Sid the Science Kid. If you haven't had the pleasure of Sid the Science Kid on PBS kids, let me explain. Sid is a bi-racial, perfectly behaved, bright young lad of pre-school age. He goes to a school that manages to provide some incredible educational experiences with only 4 students attending. Each day, he brings his microphone to school along with his back pack. The microphone is for adding dramatic emphasis to his insightful and pointed questions...it is easily our favorite show. (I did say OUR...I love Sid!) It was all I could do to talk her into leaving the microphone in the car...
She's preparing to flex her golden pipes in singing time....and can I tell you that little kid in the yellow shirt is just a gem?
Abby and her good friend Emma. We even put Abby on the taller portion of the grass and she's still dwarfed by her beautiful giant of a friend (they're only 2 months apart). Becky and Rich have some AWESOME genetics.

I know that I could have picked a more charming location for a photo shoot then the school's cinder block wall, but trust me when I say it's a lovely school...though my pictures make it seem like I sent her to school in post-communist Eastern Europe. Way to go Abby! We're so proud of you! (And great idea Miss Marsha's mini school to feed the kids Oreos on day one. Abby's been begging to go back and get some more of that sweet action!)

2 comments:

  1. Emma has already de-eyed her caterpillar......we are so happy that Emma and Abby are in the same preschool! Takes a load off me stress-wise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, congrats to Abby, but...

    You LIKE Sid the Science Kid???

    Hasn't Abby started to: Stop eating all bananas with even a speck of brown? Complained about all tags in her shirts? Started asking a million bazillion stupid questions that you have to constantly answer all. day. long?

    Sid has good intentions, I'm sure...

    ReplyDelete